Welcome to My Blog!

I hope you enjoy hearing of my adventures and travels as I live and work in Abu Dhabi and venture to other parts of the world.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Coming Back

It is hard to explain being back in Virginia for the the past month. Things are still familiar and I know my way around, but it is not the same place that I left, nor am I the same person. Midlothian, Virginia will always be my childhood home, but it isn't where I currently call home. I know that some say that home is where the heart is and I am not saying they are wrong, but I think that your heart can be in more than one place. I love my family and friends, but a piece of me and my life are in Abu Dhabi. For all its quirks that is home for me, at least for one more year. 

Being back in the states has been a lot of fun. I got to catch up with long time friends, make plans for the future, and get some much needed rest-- sometimes. While a month seems like a long time, it was just enough for me. I have some good memories to take back with me. The wonky house we rented at the beach for a week, the silly laughter with family and friends, and my bed-hog of a 96lb. dog. 

I wish that I could say that I want to stay, I am sure it would make my friends and family feel much better, but it would be a lie. It was really nice to come back, but it is not where I am supposed to be right now. Home is Abu Dhabi for now and I don't know where my next home will be . . . I am living my life moment to moment for now, and I kind of like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment