Welcome to My Blog!

I hope you enjoy hearing of my adventures and travels as I live and work in Abu Dhabi and venture to other parts of the world.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Closing of the First Year

The countdown has reached double digits. In eighteen days I will be in Istanbul. Seven days later I will be in the islands of Greece. About six days after that . . . USA.

It is hard to grasp the idea that I have really not been home since September. I video chat with my parents, and it sometimes seems like I never left . . . sometimes.

It is at the end that we start to think about the beginning, or at least that is what I am told. To be honest, I am just thinking about the days ahead. If I am really reflecting on anything it is how complicated life can get. How decisions can cause you to tear yourself into pieces in order to do what is necessary. Don't get me wrong, I do not feel that moving here to teach was the wrong decision, I actually I think it was the best decision that I have made in a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment