Welcome to My Blog!

I hope you enjoy hearing of my adventures and travels as I live and work in Abu Dhabi and venture to other parts of the world.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A New School Year

A new school year has begun. I have kissed so many cheeks and gotten everything from hugs to handshakes. I am less of a stranger now. I may still not know most of the Arabic, but I have an idea of how things work.

When I think back to my first impressions and experiences this time last year it is hard to remember all the details. Struggles and triumphs throughout those first few weeks stick out the most in my head. The daily ups and downs are lost in the blur of new news, new faces, and new language.

This year I returned a seasoned veteran ready to take on any challenge thrown my way. As I read posts stressing over getting to the first day of school, or what grade they might teach, I would smile and remember not to judge too harshly because that was me just a year ago. The major difference is they have someone to answer their questions. When I think about the fact that we did everything by trial and error really, I am amazed at what I accomplished last year.

With plenty of rest, a year behind me, and new brilliant ideas, I cannot wait to truly get rolling. I'm sure ADEC will throw a few curve balls my way throughout the year, but at least I am prepared and can hopefully see them coming, and duck out of the way.

Since this may be my last year in lovely Liwa. I don't know where life will lead me next, but I plan to the most of the time here and continue to grow the relationships that have come to mean so much to me in and out of the classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment