Welcome to My Blog!

I hope you enjoy hearing of my adventures and travels as I live and work in Abu Dhabi and venture to other parts of the world.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tilal Liwa Living

Being out in the desert was not anything like I expected it to be. Though entertainment is limited, the people here with me are fantastic. Some are from the old Rotana Crew, more are new.

We have our struggles, but we are helping each other get through it. I have found a good group of people who try to stay far from the negativity and drama and just take it a day at a time. Whether hanging by the pool, playing Bananagrams, or just eating dinner it feels like we have known each other for a while. My only fear is that they will run after a while, unable to take the situation, and I will lose good friends. I guess all I can do is hope that they stick it out and we can remain friends for the next year or two. I will enjoy things while I can. That is all I can do.

The biggest struggle left is the hotel. I do not know when I will stop living out a hotel and where we are it can get pretty expensive. Dinner is not cheap. We luckily get breakfast free, but that is it. Seclusion has it privileges and its disadvantages. Either way I am just going to try and make the best of it. I can't move out if there is no where to move to. I am not about to camp in the desert during this time of year. : )

Overall, I am hoping for many more adventures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment