Welcome to My Blog!

I hope you enjoy hearing of my adventures and travels as I live and work in Abu Dhabi and venture to other parts of the world.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weather Moods

I have never been one of those people who believe that the weather can affect the way a person acts or feels. Winter lovers are just as peppy on the dark days of winter, and can be less so when the sun is shining in the peak of summer. Sure vitamin D is linked to happiness, and there is a whole lot of scientific proof that links the weather to our emotions, but like I said I was never a believer. It took moving to a country with mainly one weather pattern, and some weird shifts in that pattern for me to finally understand.

The forecast for the UAE most of the time is sunny. If it is April through September, warm or hot will accompany that statement. Even the heart of winter, the sun still shines. Lately, that sun has been blocked by storms and general cloudiness. The rain has created a muggy atmosphere in the normally dry and breezy desert. This change is not one that I am welcoming. I had come to appreciate the weather and the need for lotion and lots of water. Cloudiness causes laziness. In my case anyway. The cloudiness has made me want to curl up and take naps. This is not a bad thing per say, but when you have papers to grade, an exercise routine you need to get back into, and various other menial tasks, sluggish behavior is not to your benefit.

All this weird weather makes me question what is happening with the world. It is storming in the desert. Earthquake after earthquake is shaking Japan . . .  these are some weird times. I for one would just like the sun back so I can enjoy some nice weather before it becomes unbearable. I guess I will just have to wait and see what the rest of the week brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment