Welcome to My Blog!

I hope you enjoy hearing of my adventures and travels as I live and work in Abu Dhabi and venture to other parts of the world.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Years 2010-2011

Another year has come and gone, and what a year it has been. It started with me losing my job. The first event in a series that lead me to where I am today. Sometimes when I look back at the events that occurred the past year, I feel like I am watching someone else's life. I have a stable job, I have been to Egypt, Dubai, hell, I live in Abu Dhabi. I have learned and grown over this past year. I still don't fully understand who I am, but I am at least a little closer to getting there.

I would like to take this time to say thank you to all of the people who have been there for me this past year. Those near and far, you are the reason I am here today. Without each of you, I might not have taken the chances I did and things would be a lot different. I am very thankful for everything I have in my life.

Enough of that sappy stuff. What is it about the new year that makes a person so retrospective? I know the whole theory of "new year, new start", but I am happy where I am in life right now. For me it is just a new year, and the fact that I don't regret or long for anything, is a new concept, but is really nice. I'm finally content. Life is what it is right now, and it may not be in the same place later, but I am loving where it is for now.

As far as celebrations go, I didn't do much celebrating. Caroline had a bunch of her new friends over on the 30th and I guess you can consider that my party. I met a bunch of really nice people and had a lot of fun. The going to bed at 6AM was tough to get over, but I say it was well worth it. I was able to have some fun and get the things I needed done before work resumed on the second.

The start to the year has been good, and I look forward to continuing this journey. I know there may be a few potholes in the road along the way, but I think I am ready for them now! Bring it on life, let's see what you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment