Welcome to My Blog!

I hope you enjoy hearing of my adventures and travels as I live and work in Abu Dhabi and venture to other parts of the world.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Blahs

The lull is settling in. I am at the point where I am content, but want--correction--need something more. It is the basic monotony of daily life . . .

I am settled. I know where to go to get the best vegetables, the fresh bread, best curry chicken, etc. I need something new! I am looking into joining a place to work out, but even that will eventually just turn into another part of my routine. I need to find one new thing to do each week. Something that I would not normally do, or something just for that day that will be different from all the rest. It can be small, like getting out of bed without hitting the snooze, to big changes like going dune bashing. The point is, it is new. It isn't our lives that bore us and cause unhappiness . . . it is the routines we set up for ourselves. We live in society that runs on rules and schedules. I say it's time to break free.

I challenge myself and anyone else brave enough to break free from the routine. Start small if you need to and work up to the bigger things. It doesn't have to be dramatic, just different from your norm. I guess you could consider this some sort of New Year's resolution, but I am choosing to call it my revitalization. I refuse to let my life "whither and die" along the same old path. Life is for the living, isn't that how the saying goes. I intend to live it. Who wants to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment