Welcome to My Blog!

I hope you enjoy hearing of my adventures and travels as I live and work in Abu Dhabi and venture to other parts of the world.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Weather Stories

As the saying goes, " expect the unexpected." This morning I woke to a light rain. It would not have been so interesting if I were anywhere else, but in a climate that gets rain maybe once a year or every two year if they are lucky . . . I was surprised. Later at work, I come to find out that it wasn't just a light rain, but overnight there was a large storm--lightening and all. I, of course, slept right through the whole thing. As I contemplate this incident of weird weather, I am reminded of my sophomore year in high school.

I took a trip with my band to London that year. We were traveling there to perform in their New Year's Day parade. Kind of cool when you are 15, but not relevant to the topic at hand. You see, London gets rain . . . a lot of rain. In the winter that rain turns to ice, but not often snow. At least that is what we were told. However, we were circling for quite sometime in order to allow the airport to clear the falling snow from the runway. Hence, the strange coincidence.

I cannot help but find it strange that I have traveled to two different places and had unique weather experiences. Maybe I have some channel to mother earth that kicks in when the weather is getting too boring . . . I am probably seeing more in this day of rain than there really is---it's not like it is snowing or anything. Now that would be a truly extraordinary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment